June Arts Alive
First Saturday Night Arts Alive!
Saturday June 3, 2017
Presented by Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and performances are held the first Saturday of each month, 6-9 p.m.. For more information, phone Eureka Main Street at 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St.
2. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY at Ink People 525 Seventh St. Ink People Board and Staff show, gathering of art in various media.
3. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum¬ of Art 636 F St. William Thonson Gallery “Heritage Habitats”, Ginger Owen-Murakami, & Vicki VanAmeyden, have been collaborating since 2009. 6 large-scale installation works that are the artists have been collaborating on. Knight Gallery Representational Art League, formed in 1987 by a group of serious, working artists to create, display and promote representational art in Humboldt County. Styles include impressionism to realism, from whimsical to narrative, oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, and colored pencil. Anderson Gallery “Heirloom”, Claire Rau, “These home accessories are inspired by the recent move of my grandmother, who was entrenched within a tomb of family artifacts. Many of these objects, furniture and tchotchkes, have descended to her nearest and dearest. Translation: into another storage unit. Heirloom speaks to this burden of stuff, physical and emotional, between generations of people whom acquisition meant wealth.” Museum Store/Permanent Collection Gallery Selection of gifts and merchandise inspired by artwork on view by Morris Graves, Glenn Berry, Melvin Schuler, and Romano Gabriel. Homer Balabanis Gallery Humboldt Artist Gallery Designated as an artist cooperative, the gallery features local artists working in a variety of media from representational and abstract paintings, prints, jewelry, photographs, and ceramics.
4. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St
4a. PAUL’S LIVE FROM NEW YORK PIZZA 604 F St.
5. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. 59th Summer Exhibition, In honor of Julia Bednar
6. DISCOVERY MUSEUM 612 G St. Kids Alive Drop Off Program 5:30 to 8 p.m. Kids 3-12 $15 members/$20 non members
7. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. “Bumper to Bumper”, Frank Speck, an auto-themed collection painted in acrylics. Live music by Wynsome Winds.
8. F STREET PHOTO GALLERY at SWANLUND’S 527 F St.
8a. REDWOOD MUSIC MART 511 F St. Music by Good Old Boys, This harmonica and guitar duo features Michael Goodwin and John Foster.
9. EVOLUTION ACADEMY FOR THE ARTS 526 Fifth St.
10. HUMBOLDT REPUBLIC 535 Fourth St. Canvases of local screen printing.
11. ARKLEY CENTER FOR PERFORMING ARTS 412 G St. Ballet to Broadway will be performed by North Coast Dance June 3. Show starts at 7pm. $15 admission, general seating.
11a. STONESTHROW BOUTIQUE 423 F St. Northcoast Open Studios Artists Reception.
11b. BLACKLIGHTNING MOTORCYCLE CAFE 440 F St.
12. SURFSIDE BURGER SHACK 445 Fifth St.
12b. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. “Music of the Mind”, Winston Papstien.
13. NORTH COAST REPERTORY THEATRE 300 Fifth St.
13a. THE BOOTH BREWING CO. 123 W. Third St. "Arts Alive After Party at The Booth". Live DJ music with ambient lighting and serve beer on premise in our event space.
14. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St . Eric Lee, paintings and sculptures.
15. C STREET STUDIOS & HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Stock and Racheal Schlueter “Plein Air Passage”, paintings feom one year on the road. Tyson Ritter, photography. Lida Penkova and studio artists, various media.
16. SAILOR’S GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo related art, antiques, and memorabilia. New works.
17. MANTOVA’S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by The Robinsons, Hawaiian music.
18. GALLAGHER’S IRISH PUB 139 Second St. Ron Thompson, oil paintings.
19. JACK’S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT 4 C St., Suite B Richard Dunning, paintings.
20. STEVE AND DAVE’S First and C St. Barry Evans, photography. Music by Dr. Squid.
21. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St.
22. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
23. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Joe Moreno, artwork.
24. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. “Nature Through the Night”, Cameron Cather, photography. Music by Seabury Gould and Mark Jenny (both on guitar and vocals) of Legends of the Mind perform fun, humorous and uplifting acoustic blues! Mark Jenny is known for his dazzling side guitar playing.
24a. C.L. LEATHERS 320 Second St
25. THE SIREN’S SONG 325 Second Street, Suite 102 Aaron Hypha, photography.
25a. RADIANT LIVING GALLERY 325 Second St., Suite 302
25b. BLUE OX BOUTIQUE 325 Second St
25c. HERE & THERE & VINTAGE 339 Second St. Featuring local crafts & gallery art, Mexican treasures. Music by Sara and Cousin Adam, coffeehouse folk.
26. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 240 E St. “Quilts from Humboldt County”, featuring the Grant Quilt. The Sequoia Park Zoo is taking oer the Community Case with a display celebrating its 110 year anniversary. Featuring Mark Alder, local landscape photographer; prints will be for sale in the gift shop.
27. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Chelcie Startk, artwork. Robin and John Praytor, artwork. Humbolicious tasting bar where you can sample a variety of locally made artisan products. Featuring Humboldt Jerky Company.
27. STUDIO 424 424 Third St.
27a. THE BODEGA 426 Third St.
27b. SHIPWRECK! Vintage and Handmade 430 Third St. Prints by, Buy Olympia artist Emily Martin (aka: Black Apple)
27c. BECAUSE COFFEE 300 F St
28. THE SPEAKEASY 411 Opera Alley
28a. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley Rick Vance, photography. Music by John Myers and Jim Silva, acoustical guitars and singing harmonies.
29. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Rick Gustafson, photography. Live music.
29a. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St. The art of words.
30. LOS BAGELS TRUCHAS GALLERY 403 Second St.
30a. BELLE STARR 405 Second St.
31. SASSAFRASS 417 Second St.
32. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 417 Second St Featured artist, Sara Westfal, oil and acrylic paintings.
33. HUMBOLDT CHOCOLATE 425 Snug Alley Rob Hampson, artwork.
34. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT 1 F St. Plaza
35. PALI YOGA 117 F St. Now Open!
36. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Betty Machi, jewelry with created patinas on vintage raw brass .
37. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Seana Burden, paintings.
38. BUZZARDS NEST ANTIQUES & UNIQUES 420 Second St
39. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. "Original New Yorker Drawings by Garth Williams, illustrator of
39a. THE WORKS 434 Second St.
40. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St.
40a. SEAMOOR’S 212 F St.
41a. PHILOSOPHER’S STONE 218 F St. Featured local artist.
42. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Susan Strope, oil paintings. Jackson Thaler Ward, watercolor and paper engineering.
43. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE 526 Opera Alley “Sheik vs Wong”, Sonny Wong and Sam Kagan, artwork. Music by Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers.
44. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Old Town Coffee & Chocolates employee show. Music by Jim Lahman.
45. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING 203 F St. John Palmer, landscape paintings.
46. TIMBER BOUTIQUE 541 Second St. Open til 9pm.
46a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Always open late for Arts Alive.
47. FIVE ELEVEN 511 Second St. Andrei Hedstorm, oil paintings.
48. BACK ROOM GALLERY 525 Second St. “Abstracts in the Back Room”, Reuben T. Mayes, abstract expressionist artist, original acrylic paintings, greeting cards, prints (of SOLD originals), and t-shirts. Live painting with Reuben.
49. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St.
50. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 212 G St. “Conversa”, Natalie Craig, and Maraceau Verdiere, paintings reflecting their dialogue.
51. SYNAPSIS 212 G St.
51a. JUST MY TYPE LETTERPRESS 501 Third St. Clarie Harkins, painted silk scarves and hand knit goods. Dick Taylor Chocolates.
52. A TASTE OF BIM 613 Third St. Featuring art by Susan Strope
52b. BUTTONS 621 Third St. Come see our new look. Introducing Notions Sewing and Fiber Arts School.
53. PARASOL ARTS Paint Your Own Pottery 211 G St.
53b. HUMBOLDT BAY PROVISIONS Second and G Sts.
53c. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON AND SPA 618 Second St. Rob Hampson, oil paintings; jewelry by the Hammered Posey by Oberon’s own, Ashley English; Jennifer Rishel from Orchids for the People will bring her beauties for sale, rent and gifting. Gift certificates available. Beauty Barre, ballet-based gentle -, yet powerful exercises. No prior dance experience is necessary. It is for those who wish to tone muscles, iimprove posture, build strength and flexibility in a low intensity, friendly and fun small group setting.
54. CIA GALLERY 618 Second St.
54a. PIANTE GALLERY 620 Second St. “About Color”, Joan Gold. “Taking Flight”, Rebecca Stauffer.
55. SMUG’S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen and ink.
56. LOTUS STUDIO 630 Second St.
57. HUMBOLDT HONEYWINE 723 Third St. “Inspired by Nature”, Caitlan Fowler, surreal watercolors. Lularoe pop up store.
58. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Barbara Saul, paintings. Paul Rickard, artwork. Danielle Carson, paintings.